Reporting to a member of the regional program staff, the Program Fellow (PF) will support implementation of Spark’s career exploration and self-discovery program that helps middle school students understand, experience and pursue what’s possible. The Program Fellow is responsible for leading outreach, enrollment, and support for students, family communications, and program logistics. Other key responsibilities include supporting programmatic operations including student transportation, execution of opening and culminating events, facilitating High School Pathways workshops, and coordinating evaluation efforts. The role requires regular onsite visits at schools and workplaces, and collaboration with other Spark staff.
Program Logistics, Student/Family Engagement, and Evaluation
- Build Relationships
- Regularly, formally and informally, connect with students to support their ongoing success and navigate challenges and concerns
- Conduct student interviews to create meaningful mentor matches
- Communicate directly with mentors and families regarding student attendance and behavior in real time.
- Engage student’s families to support their consistent participation in Spark programming
- Ensure consistent support of student safety. Communicate any concerns to supervisors and/or local leadership.
- Lead student travel on private busses to and from the school and company sites.
- Manage and support program quality through formal observations, surveys, and other tools.
- Coordinate and attend Spark events, including Share Your Spark.
- Facilitate High School Pathways workshops at partner schools.
- Assist in inputting, tracking and analyzing attendance and impact data to ensure delivery of a high-quality, high-impact program.
- Share stories, videos, and pictures of students and mentors with the Spark team for development purposes.
- Liaison with school partners to support student engagement and program implementation.